As we count it now there are 30+ Colorado artists performing at this year’s ARISE Music Festival. With so many options for great local music we decided to give you the run down on a couple artists that are our favorites and a couple others we look forward to seeing for the first time.
All pictures and references are from the ARISE website.
Our Favorites Recommendations
- Skydyed – This Fort Collins 3 piece blends live instrumentation with the latest electronic production. Forming within the last year and a half, these guys are blowing up fast. Last year at ARISE they torched the the lid off the electronic stage and was easily one of our favorites of the festival.
- The ReMINDers – Hailing from Colorado Springs this soulful duo brings the message to you. Sharing a partnership in both music and life. The ReMINDers create family friendly hip-hop that transcends the bounds of what is traditionally expected. These two have been a favorite of ours for years!
- Tierro – Hailing from Boulder, Tierro is working double duty making ARISE happen, while also making music you can’t stop dancing to. Delivering a mystical dance experience Tierro’s guitar has been known to conjure up images of Santana and David Gilmore. Don’t miss your chance to see one of Colorado’s hardest working musicians.
- Hog MaGundy – Another Fort Collins band, Hog MaGundy delivers high- energy string music with a new kind of foot-stomping sound. With a packed summer ahead of them including a highly successful performance at Summer Camp Music Festival, Hog MaGundy will be primed and ready for ARISE.
- Project Aspect – This Denver based producer has been molding his musical skills for over a decade and developed this engaging and exploitative project in 2008. Described as having some of the fastest hands in the business Project Aspect exudes a style ranging from stunning anthems to earth shaking dance-floor bangers. Don’t miss your chance to see one of Colorado’s premier DJ/producers.
- Gipsy Moon – Straight out of Nederland and the mountains of Colorado like so many great string bands before them Gipsy Moon is making a name for themselves with their Gipsygrass. Described as a backwoods hoedown meets the smoking basement of a New York jazz club this group is intent on planting insperation in the soul and starting a fire in your heart. This is not to be missed!
Our Hopes for a First Time Encounter
- Analog Son – We’ve heard whispers all the way from Denver about a possible local super group. Only a few years old, Analog Son has brought some of the nations best artists together with some of Colorado’s funkiest performers. This incredible collection of musicians has created a melting pot of impromptu artistry and sizzling sound. We can’t wait to see them!
- Unlimited Gravity – A life long multi-talented musician from Denver, Unlimited Gravity tramples genre boundaries with an ingenious hybrid combining the chaotic energy of crunchy crunk beats with the calculated precision and intensity of a classically trained composer. When performing live Unlimited Gravity uses completely original productions that are helping to usher in a new era of musicality, creativity, and originality in electronic music. We can’t wait to dance, dance, dance!
- Caribou Mountain Collective – Also hailing from Nederland, Colorado this quartet is representing the next step in the ongoing revolution of roots music. Their extensive original repertoire channels the rich traditions of both Appalachia and Colorado bluegrass. We look forward to their original lyrics and instrumental compositions which are said to “present unique facets into americana!”
- Tatanka – Homegrown in Denver, Colorado, Tatanka is a quartet specializing in the sounds of dub, progressive reggae, dancehall, and electro soundscapes. Dub Rock Syndicate recently gave the boys the title “the up and coming kings of dubtronic”. We can’t wait to vibe to the pulsing basslines that will keep the heart of the festival pumping!
These are just 10 bands out of 30+ that will be representing Colorado at the ARISE Music Festival. We hope to capture some of all of them but in the mean time make sure you head over to the ARISE web site to find out more info about all the local bands on the lineup. If you still need tickets click here to purchase them!